To Do List
Revision as of 21:54, 12 March 2012 by Luis
Things that need to be done
We need to come up with some organization for the articles.
The list below can be a starting point to click on links and edit each page. The following are some of the topics that should appear in this wiki.
- We better start thinking hard about writing the Introduction to nonlocal equations. We gotta start somewhere, so any random idea or small thing you want to write should go in there. This is high priority, since if someone reads one page of this wiki, it will likely be this one.
- Fractional curvatures in conformal geometry.
- We need to explain further the Extension technique and its connection with fractional powers of the Laplacian and Conformal geometry. Required background: Geometric Scattering Theory, Ambient Metric Construction, GJMS Operators and Singular Yamabe Problem..)
- It would be wise (once the wiki is more mature) to add pages about the Boltzmann equation, since it is one of the more "classical" and better known integro-differential equations.
- Pages about Homogenization (local and nonlocal) should appear here too.
- Given the recent works of Osher/Gilboa and Bertozzi/Flenner on Ginzburg-Landau on graphs we should have an article on the natural similarities between non-local operators and elliptic operators on graphs.
(partially) Completed tasks
- A sort of Starting page that serves as a "root" for all pages we add (ideally, any page we create should be reachable from here). (UPDATE: See discussion.)
- Definition of viscosity solutions for nonlocal equations. Also a discussion on existence using Perron's method and uniqueness through the comparison principle.
- Some general regularity results like holder estimates, Harnack inequalities, Alexadroff-Bakelman-Pucci estimates, some reference to free boundary problems.
- Some references to equations from fluids including the surface quasi-geostrophic equation.
- A page about semilinear equations including the surface quasi-geostrophic equation and also some form of KPP.
- There is also plenty of work on Dislocation dynamics that we ought to add later on.
- Phase transitions involving non-local interactions, in particular, pages about Particle Systems, discussing the Giacomin-Lebowitz theory and the Ohta-Kawasaki functional.
- It is convenient to have a mini second order elliptic wiki inside this wiki.
- Having a list of equations may make it easier to navigate the wiki.
- Fill up the list of upcoming events such as conferences, workshops, summer schools.