[Maxima] romberg-- replacement for bigfloat romberg

Billinghurst, David (RTATECH) David.Billinghurst at riotinto.com
Thu Jan 4 20:36:48 CST 2007

> From: Raymond Toy
> Although not directly applicable to either a or b, I've wanted to add
> some classes to support double, bfloat, and complex bfloat
> operations.
> Right now, I find it a pain to do bfloat stuff in Lisp, especially if
> you want to operate on complex numbers.

I started working on some complex bigfloat stuff this time last year,

Richard Fateman provided some feedback,
I started looking at generic arithmetic and put together a working
prototype, then life got busy again.

Only last night I was thinking that I should finish this job off,
but I could use some help in defining the interface.

This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and may contain privileged information. If you are not an authorised recipient, the copying or distribution of this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited and you must not read, print or act in reliance on this e-mail or attachments.
This notice should not be removed.