[Maxima] ram problem

Stavros Macrakis macrakis at alum.mit.edu
Wed May 23 08:17:31 CDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Vadim <vadim at vkonovalov.ru> wrote:

> run_testsuite() time difference is factor 2, so, I believe factor 4-8
> isn't common

Maybe, maybe not.  I said it was slower "in some cases".  run_testsuite is a
very different workload from my examples, so I'm not surprised it acts
differently. Perhaps we need a separate compute/memory-intensive performance
testsuite, but I'm not volunteering to build it!

Are you volunteering to build the installer for Windows clisp?  Remember, a
Windows installer has to be much more self-contained than a source
distribution, and should probably be tested on several different versions of
Windows before release....

            -s