[Maxima] laplace transforms in manual
robert.dodier at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 10:17:14 CDT 2007
On 7/21/07, Stavros Macrakis <macrakis at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> > Two or more names for the same thing is a disaster.
> Perhaps you could explain your reasoning so that we can discuss this,
> instead of simply repeating your opinion.
I suppose "disaster" is too strong a word. "Mess" is more accurate.
(1) Synonyms leads to confusion.
(2) Synonyms enlarge the name space (currently close to
2000 symbols) without enlarging Maxima's functionality.
(3) Even people who don't want to use such a system still
have to tolerate it, because other people can use it.
(4) Need to discuss and agree on a system of synonyms.
Such a discussion will certainly be long and verbose.
(5) Need to modify most or all of the documentation.
In summary, implementing a system of synonyms
is a substantial investment of resources towards an end
which I don't care to see. I am completely opposed.
More information about the Maxima