[Maxima] discrete dynamical system

Mario Rodriguez biomates at telefonica.net
Fri Feb 29 14:31:21 CST 2008

> Here is implemented:
> - stack ( LIFO) using list
> - drawing points points using 2 lists
> This maybe things to improve

Hello,

 From draw's point of view, your code is 100% correct. But take into
account that the drawing routine takes only a small portion of computing
time, since most of the time is dedicated to the computation of the
Julia set.

On the other hand, now that I see this algorithm, perhaps the 'points'
drawing object could be improved to admit arrays of coordinates instead
of only lists and matrices.

Another drawing alternative could be the 'image' object, as in the
Mandelbrot sets in

www.telefonica.net/web2/biomates/maxima/gpdraw/image

Finally, I think you already know about the existence of packages
'dynamics' and 'fractals', which could be of interest for you.

--
Mario Rodriguez Riotorto
http://www.telefonica.net/web2/biomates