[Maxima] besselarray?

Raymond Toy RT/EUS raymond.toy at ericsson.com
Tue Apr 1 11:55:02 CDT 2008

Maxima has the variable besselarray.  It's no longer documented, but I
think it used to contain the values of the bessel functions since the
computation of a bessel function oftentimes computes the value of the
bessel function for all lower orders.

Bug 1920177
<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=104933&aid=1920177&group_id=4933>
has several fixes, and the besselarray, besides being currently
broken, also complicates the implementation a bit.

I guess it's important if you're using Fourier-Bessel expansions or
something like that, but perhaps we should provide a different
interface if you want the sequence of values.

Should we keep besselarray around?

Ray