[Maxima] more about Maxima + ECL

Barton Willis willisb at unk.edu
Mon Apr 28 08:40:57 CDT 2008

Have the Sage developers rejected SBCL + Windows? The SBCL + Windows +
Maxima testsuite runs with no errors in 52 seconds; with GCL, the
testsuite runs in 43 seconds. But I don't think that the SBCL build
works for anything but the command line.

SBCL for Windows still has the "kitten of death" warning. And the SBCL
+ Windows is a few versions behind the current version.

There are some signs of life for GCL + windows: see

Binaries for GCL 2.6.7 were posted earlier this year. I don't know if
Maxima runs OK with GCL 2.6.7.