[Maxima] No simplification whatsoever

Stavros Macrakis macrakis at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jul 16 09:31:21 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 6:18 PM, weaker at directbox.com <weaker at directbox.com>

> It looks like the expression from the matrix multiplication way is longer
> than with the function and I think Maxima is perhaps doing some
> aggregation/simplification automatically. Can I switch off all
> simplifications so that Maxima just prints out the expression as it is?

Yes, simp:false turns off all simplifications.  But you should keep in mind
that much of what Maxima does is via simplification, including matrix
multiplication.  In particular, you might be expecting
matrix([a,b]).matrix([b],[-2*a]) to give you a*b + b*(-2*a) instead of
-a*b.  But in fact it will simply remain as