[Maxima] show gradient vectors orthogonal to level curves

Jaime Villate villate at fe.up.pt
Tue Oct 27 04:41:05 CDT 2009

On Seg, 2009-10-26 at 20:40 +0100, Adam Majewski wrote:
> It is not descibed in help ?
> Why plot in wxMaxima is related with installation of xmaxima ?

The manual (http://maxima.sourceforge.net/docs/manual/en/maxima_8.html)
says:
"Openmath is a Tcl/Tk GUI plotting program. This format is provided by
Xmaxima, which is distributed together with Maxima; in order to use this
format you should install the package Xmaxima, and it will work not only
from Xmaxima itself, but also from the command line and other GUI's for
Maxima."

and (http://maxima.sourceforge.net/docs/manual/en/maxima_68.html):
"Plotdf requires Openmath, which is provided by the package Xmaxima
(Xmaxima is not only used as a graphical console for Maxima but also to
plot graphs in the Openmath format)."

Keep up your nice work with fractals; I hope I can find some time to
extend the dynamics and plotdf packages to make it more usable for your
work.

Regards,
Jaime