MATH 408C: Differential and Integral Calculus I
Fall 2016 (Sections 53435, 53440)
Oscar Gonzalez (email@example.com) 471-1138
RLM 10.122, M 12-1pm, Tu 1-2pm, Th 9-10am
Calculus: Early Transcendentals, 7th Edition, by James Stewart
M408C covers Chaps 1-6, M408D covers Chaps 7,9-11,14,15
Either print or electronic form is okay
CPE 2.214, MWF 11am-12pm
TTh 8-9am GDC 5.302 (53435), TTh 3:30-4:30pm CPE 2.220 (53440)
Help desk (CalcLab) location:
Perry-Castaneda Library, 1st floor, STEM Study Center
Help desk (CalcLab) info:
No class on Monday (December 5).
Practice problems on the new material for
Exam 6 are available (see link below; you
may have to reload the page).
Exams 1-5 and their corresponding practice exams
provide a good starting point to begin reviewing
the older material.
Final exam office hours:
- Oscar: M 12-1pm, Tu 1-2pm, Th 9-10am.
- Sophia: (check with her).
- CalcLab: M Tu W Th, 2-7pm.
Exam 6 is FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2-5 PM
- Place: Check the University Final Exam Schedule
- Seating: One or more empty seats between neighbors.
- Policy: No notes. No books. No calculators.
A basic formula sheet will be provided.
- Length: Approximately 28 problems, in same format
as midterm exams.
- Coverage: 2.1--2.8, 3.1--3.6, 3.8--3.11,
4.1--4.4, 4.7, 4.9, 5.1--5.5, 6.1--6.3, 6.5.
NOTE: In this course, Canvas is used only to display
raw grades. A separate program will be used to compute
your overall course grade. This separate program will
drop and replace the lowest midterm as described
in the syllabus.