I am a fifth-year graduate student at the University of Texas at
Austin under the direction of Alan Reid. My research interests
include hyperbolic 3-manifolds, cubical geometry, mapping class
groups, and geometric group theory. In particular, I am interested
in analogies between surface topology/geometry (the mapping class
group, Teichmuller space, the curve complex, etc.) and the
corresponding objects in the study of Out(Fn).
My email address is staylor AT math DOT utexas DOT edu.
- Convex cocompactness and stability in mapping class groups.
With Matt Durham. Preprint, 2014. PDF.
- Small intersection numbers in the curve graph. With Tarik
Aougab. Submitted, 2013. PDF.
- A note on subfactor projections. To appear in Algebraic and
Geometric Topology, 2013. PDF. Arxiv Link
- Products of Farey graphs are totally geodesic in the pants
graph. With Alex Zupan. Submitted, 2013. PDF. Arxiv Link
- Convex cocompactness in mapping class groups via
quasiconvexity in right-angled Artin groups. With Johanna
Mangahas. Submitted, 2013. PDF.
- Right-angled Artin groups and Out(F_n) I: quasi-isometric
embeddings. To appear in Groups, Geometry, and Dynamics, 2013. PDF. Arxiv Link
- The Jones polynomial and boundary slopes of alternating
knots. With Cynthia Curtis. Journal of Knot Theory and Its
Ramifications, 2011. Arxiv
- The spiral index of knots. With Colin Adams et al. Math.
Proc. of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, 2010. Arxiv Link
Please email me if you have any questions/comments or if you'd like
to see a copy of my research statement or CV.