[Maxima] references to methods, algorithms behind lsquares

gwpublic at wp.pl gwpublic at wp.pl
Tue Jan 31 15:58:49 CST 2012

I'd like to reference to works related with :

* lsquares
* fmin_cobyla

while in Manual fmin_cobyla is well referenced:

For lsquares there are no such nice references:

I'd like to cite in my thesis to works behind lsquares, as I use it
(to be more specific: lsquares_estimates , lsquares_mse ).

One more issue : What's are best terms for lsquares ?

I'd like to call it somehow, I am curious about recommendations for
"terms" describing lqaures, like :
Optimization Search Routine ?
Optimisation in Symbolic Mathematics ?
Data fitting of parametrised symbolic mathematics ?

Best regards,
Grzegorz Wierzowiecki