Seminars & Announcements
Wednesday Apr 23 2014
Tom Mainiero: Get Stoked about Stokes Groupoids
Paolo Marcellini: Elliptic and parabolic systems with general growth
Tian Ding: Numerical Algorithms for Inverse Problems in Acoustics and Optics
Sam Taylor: Geometric properties of outer automorphism groups of free groups
Sukhpreet Singh: Orbit equivalence and the Von Neumann-Day problem
David Ben-Zvi: Geometric Harmonic Analysis
Celebration of Excellence
Dean Hicke has announced the names to be honored at an event tomorrow April 23d, 3-5pm in San Jacinto Residence Hall Multi-Purpose Room. This will celebrate College-wide staff and faculty Excellence.
Mathematics has several people on the list of honorees, congratulations to all!
- Sandra Catlett --- President’s Outstanding Staff Award.
- Amir Mohammadi --- Sloan Fellow
- Luis Caffarelli --- Steele Prize from the American Mathematical Society for "Seminal Contribution to Research"
- Jane Arledge --- Dads' Association Centennial Teaching Fellowship and also President's Associates Teaching Excellence
- Elizabeth Stepp --- Regents Outstanding Teaching Award
- Mark Daniels --- CNS Teaching Award
- Mark Maxwell --- CNS Teaching Award
- Jennifer Berg -- Natural Sciences Council (NSC) TA Award.
- John Dollard and Jim Vick --- retired faculty.
April 21 - May 16, 2014, UT Austin
May 2 - May 4, 2014, UT Austin
May 5 - May 8, 2014, UT Austin
Irene Gamba to give 2014 Sonia Kovalevsky Lecture
January 23, 2014Professor Irene Gamba has been invited by the Association for Women in Mathematics and Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) to be the 2014 Sonia Kovalevsky Lecturer. The Kovalevsky Lectures honor women who have made fundamental and sustained contributions to applied or computational mathematics. Irene will deliver the lecture at the 2014 SIAM Annual Meeting in Chicago in July 2014.